School Education Department:
The School Education Department is the largest department consisting of Primary and Secondary stages, assumes greater significance and aims at imparting minimum and essential general education to all the children in the age group of 5-15 years and to equip them with necessary competencies to shape them as useful and productive citizens. Telangana has adopted the national pattern of education i.e. 10+2+3. Out of 10 years of schooling, the first 5 years i.e. Classes I to V constitute the Primary stage, the next two years i.e., Class VI & VII the Upper Primary stage and the remaining 3 years i.e., Classes VIII to X, the Secondary stage. Concerted efforts are made in all the schools in the State with a well-knitted field functionaries monitoring system to take the Education to the nearest place of residence of the school going aged children, even in remote, tribal and hillock areas. Andhra Pradesh has attained 100% access by providing at-least One Primary School within the reach of one kilo meter. Today any child in any part of Andhra Pradesh can access a school with in one kilometer radius. The Government of Andhra Pradesh in the School Education Department is committed to providing quality education from Class I to X for all the school going age children in the State, including general and linguistic minorities, and other disadvantaged groups.
The main objectives of the School Education Department is:
- Universalisation of Elementary Education
- Universalisation of Secondary Education
To meet the above objectives the department has taken up the following activities:
- To enroll all the children in the age group of 5-15 years
- To provide early childhood education to the children in the age group of 3-5 years
- To provide quality education up to class X
- To develop literary and numeric skills and social awareness in students
- To create scientific attitudes
- To promote cooperation, tolerance and self-control
- To promote vocational efficiency and productivity
- To develop among children the qualities of Social, industrial and cultural leadership.
- To prepare the children for higher education and to provide teacher education at Elementary and Secondary levels.